Monday, October 19, 2015

Last Week

I'm so sad October is just about over!  Rushing the girls from school to soccer practices daily and just about every Saturday full of games and other celebrations in the evenings leaves barely anytime for enjoying this month.   Brooklyn will be done this weekend but Kayla still has a few more weeks to go but I am looking forward to having only 2 nights a week of soccer practice starting next week!!  In the meantime I've been trying to enjoy the Halloween season whenever possible.  All the costumes are ordered and we took some time last week to visit the pumpkin patch.   It's been cold maybe twice this entire month which isn't exactly my idea of cold but we went with it and the girls wore their festive pajamas.


Brooklyn fit in some time before it was supposed to rain to work on her sight words in the backyard, writing them out with chalk.


Wednesday after school I took the girls straight to the pumpkin patch for a little fun


Friday I got to help out in Brooklyn's class for the morning.



It was pumpkin tasting day and I got to give all the kids fun pumpkin items for them to taste.  Brooklyn LOVES pumpkin flavored things so she ate everything on her plate!


I also got to do this fun spider craft with all the kids.  This is Brooklyn's below,



I had a blast and so did the kids.  Kindergarten is so much fun!


Later in the day when I picked up Kayla she had received her 100 points for reading, right now she is the top reader in third grade!!


Saturday of course was filled with soccer games


and then we headed over to my sister in law and brother in laws to celebrate his birthday.  The girls were happy to paint and chase around the kittens all evening. 


Brooklyn was rolled up in a ball when she came in that night, she was very tired


Sunday was the perfect day of rest, with no where to be.  I was happy to have some free time to start reading a book, it's been forever since I've had time to actually just sit and enjoy a book!



1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

I share your love for October and all things Halloween!
Love the matching jammies!!!
Enjoy the rest of the month, my friend...
Before you know it , we will be talking Christmas!