Sunday, April 10, 2016

Ten On Ten

Ten on Ten ~ Sunday Edition

I was up bright and early this morning, I couldn't sleep so I ended up getting up around 6:30.  I get two days(maybe) to actually sleep in and of course I would be unable to sleep in on one of those days!


First things first, some coffee with whipped cream of course!  
Kayla was already snuggled up in mama's favorite spot with my furbaby so I had to find somewhere else to sit....little stinker!


Might as well make a good breakfast!



I made breakfast so daddy does the dishes,  the girls and I did some coloring while he cleaned the kitchen


I swear this morning was the longest morning of my life, I'm not complaining but it just felt like everytime I looked down at the clock it was still morning time.  I took full advantage of the time though and enjoyed a new book I had ordered.


Kayla joined me and did some writing in one of her many(and I mean many) notebooks.  She writes so many stories!


Rainy day with no where to be means a pajama day, the girls enjoying playing Legos together


For dinner we ate one of our favorites, corn & cheese chowder in a bread bowl and it finally began raining again right before we sat down.  We were looking forward to a rainy day but other than being cloudy it didn't rain until dinnertime.


Today was a good day, it seemed like a really long day but in a good way.   We all enjoyed being home and recharging for the week ahead.


5 comments:

Georgia said...

Loved hearing about your nice morning! Your corn and cheese chowder looks sooooo good! Will you share the recipe?
Thank you and I wish you a wonderful week!
Georgia Mallory
gsmb47@aol.com

Billie Jo said...

Love days like those, Shannon...Hope you all have a great week!

Tara said...

Ummm... day of perfection! I love a go nowhere, dive in a new book, make a yummy breakfast, and a pretty dinner kinda day! I love your butter dish on the counter. Anthro? Love you soup bowl too!

Jessica said...

That chowder looks amazing and I love your daughter's story!

Kelli said...

Sounds like a wonderful Sunday to me...