Monday, May 9, 2016

Loma Linda Health Fair Field Trip

Wednesday Brooklyn and I took a field trip to the Loma Linda Health Fair with her Kindergarten class.


All loaded up on the bus and ready to go!


Once we were there we broke off in our groups and I took the three girl pictured above to go explore all the fun that was set up just for kids.


This was such a neat field trip, there were so many fun things for the kids to experience and they also learned a lot, even I learned some new things while I was there.


Brooklyn's favorite part was checking her turtle, "Desert" into the doctor station for a check up.  Each kid was allowed to bring a teddy bear or favorite stuffed animal for the field trip specifically for this station.


Desert being weighed


Brooklyn helping to give Desert a shot


Off at another station the kids got to see what it was like to get a cast put on.



One of our last stops was the venomous animals and I was surprised to see Brooklyn would even touch the snakes


I tried to get her to let the guy put a huge boa constrictor around her neck so I could take a picture but she said "no way!"


Our last stop before heading back to the bus was to get Desert's teeth x-rayed.  They even gave each of the kids an actual x-ray of teeth, it was so cute.


This field trip was so much fun and so informative for little ones.  I'm so thankful I get to help out on these field trips.  In a few weeks I'll be going with Kayla on her final field trip of the year.

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

You are such a fun mom, Shannon!
Looks like a fun time.
Except for the school bus...
Something about the smell on those gives me the creeps!!!

Tara said...

Your little one in the fire hat... swoon!