Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's day weekend is one of my very favorite weekends!  Obviously because it is all about me for the day but also because I love spending the weekend with just family!  


Saturday we head over to my parents to celebrate with my mom, grandmother and sister in law.



My beautiful girls!
I'm so grateful they are mine and gave me the honor of being a mother.


I had to take a picture of this sweet mommy humingbird in the tree 
outside my parents back door.


My mom and I


a cute bird house my sweet nephew painted for me


Now onto my Sunday morning,
it started out in bed with breakfast in bed.....which I ate rather quickly!
Chocolate chip waffles with turkey sausage, Yum.


I opened presents and lounged all morning in bed, the girls came in a few times to hang out but I enjoyed a lot of me time doing whatever I wanted to do. 


My cute school made gifts from my babies.


The frame is from Kayla 


and the keyholder which I'm using to hold jewelry instead is from Brooklyn


I found these printables on pinterest and printed them to have hubby have the girls fill out.
I was looking forward to seeing what they would write.  They also filled them out for my mom and I was a little upset that Grandma gets to go to Hawaii and Paris while I only get trips to the beach!!! #stinkers


Eventually we all got dressed and headed over to my mother in laws for more Mothers day celebrating.



We opened more gifts, enjoyed homemade pizzas and relaxed.  It was the perfect weekend being showered with love!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

It sounds like you had a great day Shannon! I love the handmade gifts...they are the best!

Jill said...

Looks like the perfect mother's day weekend :-) Great pictures! Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Jill

Tara said...

Love that very first picture. Oh! And the pizza