Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Our Weekend

Thursday night I made a delicious dinner and unfortunately daddy was at Urgent Care for a reason I'll maybe share another time, he is better now but I sent him this picture of his girls missing him at dinnertime.


A few Fridays a month Kayla gets picked up later so instead of picking up Brooklyn and going home we drove over to the new Hobby Lobby and looked around before going back to pick up Kayla.  We checked out all the Christmas decorations that are already out.  I found so many cute things but I can not fathom buying decorations now when it's barely even Fall here!


I love, love, love weekends especially when we have free nights or days at home!  Friday night we made pizza and then we all snuggled on the couch and watched "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"


We had an eary Saturday morning at the soccer fields where both girls did great and then we came home showered and got ready to celebrate my nephews third birthday.



I was happy to cuddle with this cutie while we were there!


My sister in laws mom played and sang music and my grandpa was loving it.  I love this picture of him singing along.


Saturday night we had tickets to see Lee Brice at the fair but since hubby wasn't feeling up to it I decided to take Kayla to her first country concert.


She was excited.....



but after the opening act and about four songs in to Lee Brice's set she was over it.  She said her tummy was hurting and I think the noise was making her queesy so we left way too early.  I did my best to let her know it was okay but I was so sad because look at those seats and I love his music!   But she was so tired and a bit too young for all that excitement.  Hopefully when she's older she'll enjoy concerts more because it's one of my favorite things to do and I look forward to being able to take both the girls all the time when they are older.


The girls and I stayed the night at my parents on Saturday night and the girls woke up to whatever they wanted for breakfast.   My dad even decorated Brooklyn's pancakes....wonder why they love staying at Grandma and Papa's



When we got home Sunday afternoon we lounged around, watched football and snacked the day away.




After the snacks were gone Kayla worked on a poster for her school


Sunday at home was a nice way to relax after a busy Saturday out and about but really another day off would have been even better but unfortunately that didn't happen so another five days til the next weekend we wait!

4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hope your husband is feeling better soon, Shannon.
You always do weekends right!
Have a great week with your sweet people!

Kelli said...

You Sunday afternoon sounded like ours ... Football and yummy food! Juliana keeps asking to go to a concert but I am not sure if she is ready either.
I hope everything is ok with your husband Shannon... Thinking of you all..

Tara said...

So sorry your guy wasn't feeling well and that concert/date plans changed. Hopefully he's feeling better now! I have to tell you ... the rest of your weekend looks so yummy... I mean good... that I think it was a great one after all! Happy fall! And something tells me that there will be more mom/daughter concerts in the future, she looks so happy!

Tara said...

Shannon,

Please don't think I'm weird but every time I see "camper" stuff for sale I think of you! So today on Zulily, check out the store call "Mrs. Claus Kitchen" and scroll down to the camper cookie jar! camper rug, camper ornament, camper mug, etc! So so cute!