Monday, February 27, 2017

President's Week Off

It's a rainy Monday and I just got home from dropping the girls off at school after having the last week off.   They were both up eating breakfast on their own and Brooklyn had even made her bed before I even walked out this morning.  Even though they said they were not happy to be going back they sure weren't wasting anytime getting things done this morning!


Other than our camping trip to Vail Lake last weekend the past week was spent at home most of the time.  We did run some errands and a few mornings at the park but relaxing and recharging was a big part of our week!


They weren't happy when I dragged them to Home Depot but they quickly realized they could still have fun while shopping.


Lazy mornings watching cartoons are the best


and lots of walks with mommy while they rode scooters or walked alongside me.


No school meant more tablet time to play games which is their favorite when not playing together


Since I knew walking over and over again daily might get boring I thought letting them play at the park while hubby and I walk around the park would be better for them.


A much needed date night after getting our taxes done was a perfect way to spend our Friday night.


Shopping of course while we were out and about.



Up too late the night before means another slow morning at home


Another walk around the park while these two played.


Somebody needed a quick lesson on Empathy, Sympathy and Compassion so daddy gave her a dictionary and told her to write out all of the definitions, explain them and start showing she understands how to use them.  So far, so good.


Saturday night we drove to my in laws to celebrate hubby's grandfathers birthday.


Brooklyn decided she was going to sketch a picture of her uncle and we thought it came out perfect.


These sweet cousins.


Sunday we all looked forward to a relaxing day but had to first start on Brooklyn's book report project which I thought was due on Friday but later in the morning I re-read the directions and realized it was due today!!


daddy was teaching the girls how to draw stars


and that's when I realized we had a project to get done!  Thankfully she was done reading the book we just needed to do the project and she had to write up her report.  It took a little over an hour of our Sunday that we didn't intend on doing but I am thankful it is done and we don't have to worry about it throughout the week.



The rest of Sunday was spent watching movies, the Oscars and eating a healthy dinner.  The girls have three full weeks of school before they are off again for Spring Break.  I'm pretty sure we are all counting down!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

It looks like you had a great week. We used to have this week off but a few years ago they took it away..:( I love Brooklyn's report! Don't you just love projects...not! We are in the middle of the California Missin reoprt.

Tara said...

Oh my gosh, there is so much to love here... especially the part when daddy taught her how to look up those definitions (I'm so stealing that idea for Abigail, thanks!) and the project, and the star lesson, and the out to dinner, the walks, all of it! One glorious slice of your beautiful life.

Billie Jo said...

Your life is the sweetest, Shannon!
A lot to love here..
But I cannot get past whatever you ordered on your date!
Looks amazing!!!