Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Summer Begins


Saturday morning the girls cuddled on the couch and watched t.v. while I made breakfast.   We were so happy to have a slow morning before heading off to Kayla's last Soccer tournament.


It was hot which made me thankful that this was our last tournament.  The girls stayed cool in the shade before warming up for their game.


After Kayla's first game we came back home and ate an early dinner before heading back to her next game.  I looked over and the girls were back on the couch in their same spots as they were that morning.


After game affogatos for hubby and I 


Sunday morning Kayla had her last game.


Unfortunately the girls lost all three of their games this past weekend and Kayla ended on not playing so great the last game.  I'm pretty sure she was in need of a soccer break as we all were.


We told the girls that we would have a movie night and we'd pick up Panda Express for dinner that night.   Everyone was happy to be at home and pj'd up for the evening.


We watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and enjoyed our dinner together.  I love watching all of these big kid movies with my girls.


I woke up bright and early Monday morning and started my work out and I'm hoping to continue it daily while we are on Summer break.


Brooklyn started swim lessons and she's the only one in her class so she's getting one on one attention and should be a pro by the end.


Kayla is done with her lessons so she's my side kick while we watch Brooklyn.  She's been cracking me up all week.


She may need a break from playing soccer but that hasn't stopped her from playing FIFA on the Playstation or watching it on t.v.  She's excited for the World Cup to begin next week.


The girls picked out a few new books from the library and are all set for a few weeks.


I purchased this farmhouse looking organizer at Hobby Lobby before school got out and then picked out all new markers, colored pencils and crayons to fill it up.  I figured Brooklyn would love it and she does, in fact both girls have been using it daily to write or draw.


Lots of reading going on


and writing!
Brooklyn wrote this yesterday and I was in awe, I'm pretty sure I need to read this book when it's done.


Mac & Cheese was requested for dinner and it's always been our family game night meal so it just goes hand in hand now that we play Bingo while we eat every time.


It isn't Summer without Snow Cones in our house



Such a simple and fun treat!  I bought this one on Amazon and we use it all the time in the Summer.


Kayla was at a friends house so Brooklyn and I stopped at the pet store to see all of the animals.  She now wants a pet hamster and has been researching how to care for one all morning.   I told her she can talk to daddy which probably will not end well.   Maybe mommy can make it happen though! ;)


We have a few fun things coming up this weekend so we are excited for them to happen.  We are happily jumping right into Summer!

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Oh my goodness!
What a perfect start to summer!!!
I am curious about your after dinner drink??
And totally jealous of your Panda Express.
It is fun when the kids are old enough to want to watch and enjoy the older movies, right?
Did you guys see the latest Avengers movie???
Wait til Kayla is old enough to watch The Bachelor with you!!!! : )
Good luck with the hamster.
I almost got Flynn a goldfish the other day.
I knew Steve wouldn't love it.
So I passed!
Oh...Flynn wants me to tell Brooklyn about the books she has been reading.
The Candy Fairies??
She loves them!

Kelli said...

Looks like your summer is off to a good start!
Hope you are having a good week.