Wednesday, August 1, 2018

July Recap

Happy August Friends.
I just want to warn you that there are a whole lot of pictures here.  I've realized I need to make time to blog some things throughout the month so I'm not dumping 20 something pictures on here at the end of every month but my excuse is, Summer.  I can't believe that in one week from today my girls will be in class and I'll be without them all day!  I'm gonna miss so many things about Summertime, especially when I see mornings like this with them cuddled up in bed together reading to each other.


Playing outside in the evenings and not having to worry about bedtimes is one of the best parts of Summertime.



 Running errands and stopping for sweet treats together.


maybe I won't really miss dentist appointments but those smiles I definitely will miss


 I'll miss lazy pajama days spent reading books


Fun outings for just mommy and daddy with friends 




Seeing these two rough housing and being crazy


We have had so much time to play games together!


We can't forget about Squiggles, she is still the sweetest hamster and is so loved on here.


Kayla and daddy were World Cup Soccer buddies this Summer.   She would sometimes wait for him to come home just so they could watch the games together.


Swim days are always a favorite of Summertime.  Hoping to get one more in before school begins next week!


We couldn't wait to go see Jurassic World together, it was so good!



Right after that movie we headed over to my niece, Tessa's 2nd Birthday party.






I feel as if we didn't have quite enough visits to the library this Summer!


Kayla decided she should start watching the news more because she needs to know what's going on in the world.


Usually Panda Express and family movie nights are on Friday's but when it's Summer they happen whenever we want because S U M M E R!!!!



Always together!


I can't forget about the messes they make, I enjoy them for the most part because that's what a home is for, having fun and making memories.  Someday those toys won't be all over my floors and that makes me sad



Creating art is big on Brooklyn's list of things to do, she loves painting so this was a hit to kill some time.


Just like usual Kayla said she didn't want to paint but sure enough she changed her mind.


Playing more games together


We did some back to school shopping and Kayla was ecstatic to find this Koala that was also named Kayla!


Bestest Buddies


Squished in a car full of Costco goodies


Daddy was gone so it was a girls, and Vinnie movie night.


I love waking up and walking out in the morning to find these two watching a show together


My morning workout buddies 


Kayla has decided she wants to do cross country this year so she decided to run.  We agreed she needs to get back into shape for it.


Our very last day of July and we made a stop to visit my sister in law for her birthday.  The kids played for about an hour and then complained that they didn't have enough time together.  I'm amazed at how well they all play together especially Kayla who is way older than them and probably was the most upset that we had to leave.


July was so good which makes it even harder to say goodbye.  
Summer is just never long enough!

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Love to all of this, my sweet friend.
Loved this post so much, and although it is crazy to think summer is ending for you out there, and soon for us here, I know you and your family will continue to make awesome memories no matter the season.
Hugs!!!

Kelli said...

Great pictures! We have a week and a half until school starts and I am SO sad.