Saturday, August 11, 2018

Ten on Ten

I had the best of intentions to post all of my Ten on Ten pics yesterday but got distracted enjoying our Friday evening instead.  Kayla was supposed to have soccer practice but due to the air quality from all of the fires out here it was canceled so instead we enjoyed pizza, the girls stayed up late watching movies together and hubby and I enjoyed drinks on the patio.  It was a great way to end our first week back at school.  


I told the girls that I would make their lunches for the first week or two and then they could start making it themselves if time allowed.   I really don't mind making lunches for the first half of the year after that it gets annoying.


It's so nice that everyone is up and ready to go to school in the beginning.  Soon enough I'll be dragging Brooklyn out of bed and rushing Kayla to get out the door.


Friday was the first day I was actually home during the day so I was happy to work out and get a lot of housework taken care of.


I enjoyed a little bit of gardening before it got too hot.


I also vacuumed the house and cleaned the bathrooms, then I showered and watched the movie Home Again.   I love a good Nancy Myers movie!


Time for a smoothie.


Before it was time to pick up the girls I wrote them each a little note in our Mommy and me books and left them on their beds.  


Then I headed to Hobby Lobby to find something to go on our kitchen counter.   I have been wanting a tiered tray but they have always been too large for the spot so I was excited to find one that was the perfect size and after I spent an hour and a half doing pick up I came home and got it all set up.


The girls showered up early last night and then got on their tablets for a bit.  It was nice week back and I will say that I am enjoying the fact that I can get so much more done while the girls are in school.




4 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm glad the first week of school went so well. I still remember when my youngest began school, oh the freedom!! The tiered tray is so cute!

Kelli said...

I love the new tray you found. I have been looking for something new for my island. I always enjoy seeing pictures of your house.
Hope you have a good week.

Tara said...

Love love your tray! And all the time you have! Hooray!

Billie Jo said...

Love the way you decorated your tray!
Great way to spend your days, Shannon.
Have a good and cozy day!