Saturday, September 8, 2018

9 Things About Brooklyn

Happy 9th Birthday!


My baby turns 9 today!
We have a morning full of soccer and then a family party planned just as she requested to help her celebrate the day but first here are some random facts about our Brooklyn that make her the amazing young lady she is today.


1.  She loves hard, this girl LOVES to cuddle, LOVES to give kisses and LOVES hugs.  I'm pretty sure I spend half my time with her trying to pry her lips off my cheeks and her arms off of my waist or neck because I need to walk or get things done.  She is such a lover.

2.  She is very creative and loves to draw.  She is always drawing and at school when she has free Friday's where they get to choose different classes to either play Legos, build with magnets or do art  she will choose art every time.  I love seeing what she comes home with each week and what she draws just for fun at home.

3.  Brooklyn is an amazing helper! She is always helping me and it's always without me even asking her to.  We came home from school the other day and she unloaded the lunch bags and started hand washing all of the tupperware, she'll sometimes wipe down all of the counters all on her own and over the Summer there were many days I'd walk by her room and she would have everything off of her bookshelves just so she could clean and re-organize them all.

4.  This girl is still in love with all things Paris.  In fact she just downloaded an app on her tablet so she could learn French.  She already has a notebook with French phrases that she has written down and she has been using them to answer us when we talk to her, lol.  We definitely have to get her to Paris someday!!

5.  If she sees a cat, the whole world around her stops.  Literally she will stop talking or listening because she will immediately squeal and want to run over to it.  She loves cats and will lose all track of what is going on around her if she sees a kitty strolling by.  If you ask her what her goal is in life she will say it is to live in Paris one day with 100 cats.

6.  She is my music lover and that means any kind of music.  I walked by her room a long time ago and she had her radio on and I was like what are you listening to?  She had it on an old R & B station, it reminded me of R & B music from the 90's.  It was nothing she had ever listened to with us so it was so random.  I told her I could help her find a country or rock station and she was like no I like this station and yup I still hear here listening to the same station from time to time, lol.

7.  Brooklyn loves to be at home!  She is my homebody and will ask during the week what the weekend plans are.  She does not like having full weekends whatsoever and gets cranky having to run all over the place.   She would love to spend her days in pajamas playing with Legos and watching movies all day.

8.  She has become very interested in cooking and baking lately.  She is most interested in making breakfasts for us and has bookmarked so many pages of my cookbooks of what she wants to make us.  This girl is gonna be an awesome mommy one day!

9.  Brooklyn is very girly and loves fashion and even home decor.   Her newest thing is to set up her dollhouse over and over again.  She adds so much detail to the house even setting up the nightstand in the dollhouse with flowers, a book and a coffee mug.  She gets all of the details of what I would consider cozy spot on.  It's amazing to me that she notices all of these small details that so many adults don't even think of at such a young age and she knows exactly where to put them to make a house a home.   She's so creative and I'm almost positive that some sort of design is in this girls future.

Brooklyn you are such a delight to be around and you are our happy, up for anything, rarely ever complains baby girl.   We love you sooooo much and hope you have the most amazing 9th Birthday!!


2 comments:

Tara said...

Happy happy happy birthday to your beautiful baby girl!!! SO lovely to read about her through all of your thoughts. She's darling and fun and sweet. Loved this post!

Billie Jo said...

Happy Birthday to your girl!!!!
If we didn't live on opposite sides of the country, I think our girls would be friends!
Loved this one, Shannon!!!!