Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend was just us girls as hubby was away at his brother's bachelor party.  Kayla was originally supposed to have soccer practice on Friday night but thankfully they canceled it as so many people were busy traveling.   We were very happy because that meant we could all get in our pajamas early and enjoy a cozy night at home.   Brooklyn came out after her shower and found my favorite Christmas movie on tv and even though I said it was a little too early to watch it she ignored me and we ended up watching some of it before eating dinner.  


I had frozen some extra enchiladas when I made them a few weeks back so dinner was pretty easy and afterwards the girls had some ice cream while we watched Peter Rabbit.


Saturday morning we headed out to the see the movie, Christopher Robin.



It was the perfect start to our Saturday


Next up we shopped.....A LOT!
The girls were troopers cuz we had a lot of things we needed to get done.  At one point I turned around from paying at the register and saw them like this.


We went out to dinner after shopping at way too many stores and then headed home.  We were all exhausted that night! 


Sunday morning Brooklyn treated us to breakfast parfaits.  She assembled them and also cleaned up the kitchen afterward!




I had to drag the girls out of the house to go to the park so I could walk a mile around the park while they played.   Once they got there they were fine playing but they were not happy I made them get dressed to go out.  My little homebodies.



The girls played all day together but came out of course when I put a snack together for us to enjoy.


Sunday night we watched another movie while we sipped on some chocolate milkshakes that I blended up for us.



Monday I did laundry, changed sheets, ironed and cleaned the house while we waited for hubby to get home.   The girls played all day in their pj's and we were all bummed when the day came to an end because it meant we were back to reality all too soon!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hi Shannon,

I get all of my garlands now on etsy a shop called Mumlicreates

Cindy said...

What did you all think of Christopher Robin? It sounds like you had a very fun weekend!