Sunday, September 2, 2018

August Recap


August has been so busy with back to school, soccer and just life in general!  I think I only blogged maybe twice this month which is why I have a ton of pictures to share today.   I'll do my best to keep up on blogging a bit more this month but I'm not making any promises.   It seems life keeps getting busier and busier around here.


I just love finding art laying around from my girls, they are so creative!  I found this drawing that Brooklyn did for back to school and loved all of the sweet details she added like the cute laces on the shoes to the girls backpack.


Brooklyn holds Squiggles all the time now and she's now able to go and get her all on her own, she always asks but I'm never worried about her getting Squiggles out on her own at all anymore.


Before the girls started back at school I made some Peanut Butter & Jelly bars, Brooklyn helped out too!


The girls ready for their second day of school.  Their style is so completely different, one is sporty and the other girly.



I'm still not used to dropping Kayla off at middle school, it's just so weird to me.  How is she already this big???



Soccer practices began this month and of course the girls practice on different days so Tuesday through Friday we are at somebody's practice.


My girls on their third day of school 


We had so many fires this past month that they had to cancel practice on Friday night due to air quality.  The best part was that the air completely cleared by the time hubby got home and we enjoyed the entire evening on the back patio with drinks and chatting.  The girls stayed up late watching movies together inside.  It was such a great way to end our first week back to school.



Brooklyn went through my favorite cookbooks and made notes on post its.  She has a whole list of things she wants to cook for us.


"Fall b-fest" 
How cute is it that she even labeled when she should make things.


Yup, she's definitely my daughter, she's even looking through decorating magazines on a Sunday morning


More cuddles with Squiggles


I had to grab lunch and eat it while waiting for pick up.  It's was 1 o'clock but I was happy with my selection so it was a win for me.


Thank goodness for a playground nearby at each of the girls practices so they can play and not complain about how boring it is sitting at their sisters practice.


Kayla had to make a list of things she couldn't live without and I thought it came out so cute.


Here she is!!  Can you tell she loves when I take her picture?   This is why I don't have many pictures of her this month.  This was before drop off on her picture day, I wanted to get a good picture of her but she refused so I snuck this one before she got out of the car.


We had about an hour of crazy rain and wind this day.  Of course it all happened when I had to pick up the girls so Brooklyn and I were drenched.  It cleared up right when Kayla got out and the sky was sunny once again.


We celebrated hubby's birthday this month the best we could since it fell on Kayla's back to school night.


The next morning Kayla woke up with a fever and she stayed home from school.


She slept most of the day so it was very quiet around our house.


Kayla missed her first game of the season but Brooklyn was feeling fine and played amazing, scoring five goals!!!


After the game the girls were supposed to head to their grandparents so hubby and I could meet up with friends to celebrate his birthday but since Kayla was sick that didn't happen instead Brooklyn came home from her game showered and put pajamas on.  Her and daddy played Legos together all weekend.



Kayla slept and relaxed in hopes she would get better by Monday.


Can you spot a cute fluffy friend below?


Kayla was finally better and ready to go back to school by Wednesday!


She had slept pretty much nonstop for five days so I was so happy she was feeling back to her self.  She came home and got to work on catching up on all of the school work she had missed while being out.


Everyone healthy and ready for soccer Saturday!


After their games they went home with their grandparents and hubby and I headed out to celebrate our 14 year anniversary.   I'm pretty sure sitting at a winery looking at the vineyards with a good glass of wine is a slice of heaven to me.  It's so relaxing!!




We went out to dinner and of course we had to order my favorite kind of appetizer to start off the meal.


After dinner we came back home and sat on the back patio and enjoyed the full moon together.


Sunday afternoon we picked up the kids and I'm pretty sure they stayed up too late and had too much fun! 


Monday I worked for the first time in 11 years!!
We went out to our favorite nearby Mexican restaurant for dinner to celebrate.


Tuesday night was our actual anniversary and Brooklyn was supposed to have practice but it was canceled last minute so I quickly came up with a delicious dinner and decorated the table with what we had on hand.



After the girls went to bed we had affogatos to end the evening.


   While Kayla was practicing one night Brooklyn made a new friend at the park.  She named him Emerald.


This last week of August has felt so much like Fall, the weather has dropped nearly ten degrees and the mornings and evenings have been cool and breezy.  Brooklyn dresses herself everyday and I thought she looked so cute this week all dressed and ready for Fall!  In fact I think we are all ready for this cooler weather to stay and the cool weather clothes to come out.  I can't wait to burn my first pumpkin candle. Yay for September!






2 comments:

Tara said...

Shannon,
These pictures were so fun to look through! I love Squggles and how much joy he brings your girls! And so sorry for being sick that first few weeks; glad she's back to herself! Happy Anniversary! Love how you celebrated on a weekend and then again on the day! And wow! Back to work after 11 years... congratulations!!!

Kelli said...

Looks like a fun month! I can't believe how quickly it went by!
Hope you are having a good Monday!