Thursday, November 1, 2018

Life Lately ~ October Edition

Well October was over way too fast!   We were super busy this month and every weekend was scheduled with things to do.   Soccer will be wrapping up soon so I'm really looking forward to slowing down for the next few months. 



Kayla has been doing so well in Cross Country.  Each race she has bettered her time and she's gotten so fast on the soccer field because of all of her training.  The only thing we don't enjoy very much is having to drop her off at her school by 7am on some mornings so she can head to a race.


Kayla's orthodontist has a huge coffee machine with tons of flavors to choose from.  I now look forward to taking her just so I can try some new flavors for free.


Going out to dinner with my two favorite girls after running some errands is a great way to end a busy day.


Remember last month when I told you Kayla's friend sends her mom random goofy pics of my girl and then her mom sends them to me?  Well here is one I received this month, I laughed so hard when I saw it.


Practice was cancelled so yay for a family dinner that wasn't rushed!


A little October treat for my girls when they came home from school.  I stuck some pumpkin spice chapstick inside some kleenox to make the ghosts.


After a busy weekend full of activities I was so happy to stop by Starbucks and then come back home to read a new favorite decor book I recently ordered.


The beginning of the month we had a week or two of cool weather and boy were we excited!!!  Of course I had to make our favorite cheesy corn chowder and eat it while we watched a spooky Halloween movie.


I bought a new rug for the family room and it's so fluffy, the girls love it as well as the animals.  We'll see how long it lasts being white but it was a steal so I won't be too sad if it's not meant to be.

Kayla had a minimum day which meant she was out of school at 11:40.  I love that she has some days that just the two of us can go out to lunch together.   She's been so fun lately, so many things are changing in her life with friends and even boys and I love that she tells me everything and is so open with me.  I'm so proud of her!


While Kayla is at cross country after school it's just Brooklyn and I hanging out at home.  She gets her homework done and then she'll read next to me or play with her toys until it's time to pick up her big sister.



Or she'll play with Squiggles, 


lol


We had to take a vehicle in for some maintenance so hubby and I made a day date out of it and went and saw A Star is Born.  It was so AMAZING!!  


Brooklyn came out dressed as a "country girl" one morning and then later in the day I saw that it was National Farmers Day.  Her outfit was just too perfect for the day


Brooklyn wanted me to take a picture of her Squiggles, she said it could be her Fall pictures,lol



A cozy Friday night at home with my favorite pumpkin candles lit


kids in Halloween pj's


and an easy dinner of nachos is the best way to spend a rainy Friday night!


Brooklyn woke up and went straight to coloring on her Saturday morning


and then enjoyed her lazy morning.  Her soccer game was canceled due to the rain so we got some extra time at home



Kayla's game on the other hand was not.  So we sat in the rain and watched wishing we were back at home.



Kayla had a murder mystery party to go to and she was the chauffeur 



I'm glad the girls got to wear their Halloween pajamas once all month because the cooler weather soon turned to mid 80's once again. 😣


Sunday's always make me want just one more day at home together!


My favorite colored roses go perfectly with Fall


I don't think there is a luckier kitty than our spoiled Vinnie!


The World Series had hubby very stressed!  The Dodgers did pretty bad but I sure am glad it's over with and we can get back to watching our normal evening tv together.


Kayla got a hold of my phone and took some selfies


and this one of our cat, lol


Hubby and I went to a charity event at a nearby theater that we take the girls too often.  We had lots of fun hanging out with his brother and my newest sister in law.




When you are never home and have to read Halloween books together in the car while waiting to pick up a kid.  I'm so happy soccer will be done and we'll have more time at home at night!


The girls started on their Christmas wish lists and they are both already super excited for the season and you better believe we are listening to Christmas carols today!!!


Ugh, it was sports day at school and Brooklyn wanted to wear my Dodger's shirt.  I'm not a fan but have this from a party we went to years ago.  I need to turn her back into my Angel's fan stat


I just can't with the coziness of our cat, I mean he's living my dream


Brooklyn had soccer practice and Kayla went as well which meant I had the house to myself for about an hour.  I poured myself some wine and watched The Good Witch on Hallmark.  It was so nice while it lasted!


The rest of the month was spent celebrating Halloween!   I'll be back to post our day of celebrating soon.







1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Shannon,
I loved sharing your October with you all.
I love your love of family and home. It is so evident that you are an amazing, loving mother!
Your girls are so happy and sweet, and the fact that they love their home and being cozy in it speaks volumes about you!
Have a cozy weekend.
Listening to Christmas all day here!!!