Saturday, February 9, 2019

Hawaii ~ Part V ~ The Final Day


Our final full day on the island started out with a delicious breakfast.   So many people recommended for us to eat breakfast at the Gazebo restaurant.  Now I'm not a huge breakfast person but hubby and the girls are and when I realized it was on the way to the beach we were heading to I figured we better make the stop to see what the hype was all about.


best buddies for life


We were already aware there would be a long wait which did indeed last an hour but the girls were busy the entire time so there was no complaining whatsoever. 


They played coconut checkers, Brooklyn won,



and there was plenty of whale watching going on


At one point the girls and I walked down to the tidepools and saw lots of exciting sea creatures.  Brooklyn spotted a small sea snake, he was up to no good eating away at these eggs pictured below, we saw pretty fish and even spotted a sea turtle.


Once we sat to eat we enjoyed this beautiful view which was full of whale sightings while we ate.


The food at the Gazebo was delicious!  Hubby and I both got huge omelettes while the girls both got white chocolate chip pancakes which were beyond amazing.  Brooklyn topped her pancakes with coconut syrup and thankfully she loved my omelette so we ended up swapping many bites.


After we were completely stuffed we headed to Kapulua Bay to do some snorkeling.  I had read great things about snorkeling here so we were excited to check it out.   The water was very clear and although Brooklyn and I did not snorkel at all previously my goal was for us all to go out together on this day.   Brooklyn really wanted to try it but she was scared so Kayla took her out slowly and promised to hold her hand while they snorkeled.  It took awhile to get Brooklyn to go out further than 5 feet in but once she felt comfortable snorkeling was all she wanted to do.



Holding Hands,
watching these two making memories together is by far my favorite thing in the world.


Both girls claimed this day to be their favorite out of all of the days we had here in Hawaii.


It definitely was amazing.   We saw so many beautiful fish, Kayla saw an eel and Kayla and saw and swam right beside a sea turtle for quite awhile which indeed was something I will always remember.   Later in the day hubby and Kayla saw the sea turtle again.  Poor Brooklyn never got to see one so we'll just have to go back again someday to find one for her.   We all snorkeled out pretty far together at one point, Brooklyn and I held hands and I made sure to look around the entire time because I didn't want any sharks near my babies!


Kayla took a little break on the sand to build a town


but she was all alone because this one is still in the water.


The next two pictures are Brooklyn snorkeling all on her own.  She literally would not get out of the water she ended up loving it so much.  She was not happy when we told her it was time to leave.



This day snorkeling as a family was the perfect way to end our Hawaiian vacation!


After we were back and showered we headed straight down to watch our final sunset together before dinner.






We ate dinner in downtown Lahaina at Paia Fish Market, it was so so good!   Afterward Kayla wanted to walk around and shop which was something I never hear her say she wants to do.  She wanted to buy some souvenirs and she bought some good ones.  I was surprised when she picked out an almost fifty dollar small seahorse painting.  I told her that was a great choice because it was something she could keep forever.  She also bought a few keychains for her backpack.  After some shopping we stopped to get some yummy gelato before calling it a night.


The next morning we were up and packing up our room.   We stopped for a little bit to go get some Starbucks because I needed some of my favorite honey citrus mint tea to soothe my soar throat I'd had for the past two days, yup I was getting sick.  I knew it was bound to happen after our flight there.   The girls loved having donuts and chocolate milk to eat while we enjoyed our coffee and tea.


Brooklyn and her Chinese fan she chose as her souvenir.  She has always loved these so it was no surprise this was something she would by.  She also purchased some Jasmine lotion and soap to take back home.


Next thing we knew we were at the airport and waiting for our flight back to reality.  I'm not sure why they are so happy I was very sad our trip was coming to an end.


Our flight back home was soooo much better than the flight there but feeling the cold weather once we got out was not so great!  I'd much rather be back in the warm 80 degrees than the cold 40's we came home to.


I had to capture how Brooklyn and her Millie traveled.  This is how she was carried through the airports.


We had such an amazing trip and the girls were so great the entire time.  They are definitely ready for some more adventurous and we can't wait to explore some more fun places with them.



2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh she is soooo cute with her Millie tied to the front of her backpack.
All I can say about this post is the WATER! The amazing water and the views.
Now all you have to do is start saving up so you can go BACK !

Peppin Morneau said...

Good post the kids are very happy. Try the whale watching in Bermuda this coming March. By the way, thank you for sharing.