Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Valentine's Day

Since Valentine's day was on a Thursday we woke up to our normal routine and got ready.  The girls were off to school and lucky for me I was not working so I had time to get things ready for when they got home.



Middle schoolers don't get to have Valentine's day parties so Kayla just took a few candy gifts for her besties and called it a day.  Brooklyn took these cute dragon Valentine's that I came up with and made all on my own.  Can you tell I'm proud of my creation?  She said they were a hit with her classmates.


After I dropped them both off at school I came home and did a ton of laundry and then baked our traditional boxed strawberry flavored cake in a heart shape.   I tried to make something different but Kayla said it just wouldn't be Valentine's day without the pink heart cake so the day before I went to the store to find the good ole strawberry boxed cake we always make.


It was POURING and half of our town was flooding but I really wanted to go to Trader Joe's so I patiently waited for it to calm down a little before I drove 20 minutes on the freeway to my happy place.   I made it there in just rain but by the time I drove home it was raining really hard again.  It was worth it though because I love Trader Joes.


I dug up an old photo from Valentine's Day 2003, the night he proposed.   We were just babies back then.


Presents were set out for my sweet girls


our evening movie was ready and I washed the cute blankets the girls got from their grandparents so they could cozy up with them as soon as they got home.


Both girls came home with some sweet gifts from their friends



and I was happy to have them home because not only was it Valentine's day but because they didn't have school Friday and would be off for the next week, home with me!!!


Present opening before daddy got home, he gave permission to open without him.



They loved their furry new rugs




and when daddy came home he had a single rose for each of his little girls





more treats waiting for my loves



Dinner was delicious, shrimp, lobster, pasta and caesar salad.



The girls opened their last gift but first the cards,


I spent way too long searching through piles of cards at Homegoods.  I just knew there would be a koala one in that pile and of course there was!


They ripped into these Hatchimals the next morning as soon as they woke up.


The cake was just waiting for sprinkles






Brooklyn made hubby and I a card but hid it from us and then gave us clues to find it.  I think her favorite celebrating is when I do a scavenger hunt for her gifts.  I was tearing up while she was giving us the clues because I knew one day she would be doing the exact same thing with her kids and I felt like it was all worth the effort I put in to making their holidays so special.


Kayla even had to listen to clues to find her Valentine as well.


Then after showers the girls cozied up and we all watched Be My Valentine Charlie Brown together.



It was a great way to end the day with the ones that I love.


1 comment:

Tara said...

Sweetest Valentines Day ever!