Friday, March 29, 2019

A Day in the Life

 A few Fridays ago I decided to document our day.  I like being able to look back now and then and see what our days looked like here and there.  I chose this particular day because I wasn't working and because it was Friday and Fridays are always a good day to document.


The girls and I were up and ready to start our day around 6:15.   I dropped off Brooklyn first and then I was off to drop Kayla off.



Right after drop off I drove to Target to pick up some hamster food and some things for camping like sodas for the girls.  They get a few favorite treats that they wouldn't normally get otherwise.


After Target I went to Homegoods and a few other spots before heading to my favorite spot, Trader Joes!  I mean look at all those flowers!!!


Of course I brought a few home along with other groceries.  After loading everything in the car I walked over to Coffee Bean and picked up an ice blended vanilla coffee and then headed home.


While I was gone we had workers in our yard tearing down our old patio cover.   It looked so empty without it but I was so excited to be getting a brand new one up the next morning



Laundry and some Real Housewives before picking up my girl


Found a great spot for my new jasmine topiary I had picked up from Trader Joe's (it's already dying, it was not happy to be inside with curtains closed while we were camping the past 5 days)


I picked up Brooklyn and then we drove up to Kayla's school to drop off her soccer gear for try outs.  


Unfortunately she did not end up making the team but there is always next year!


Afterwards Brooklyn and I drove all the way back down to what seemed like my 15th grocery store stop of the day. 


Back home I cleaned and did more laundry while Brooklyn read awhile.  On a side note it was the Friday before St. Patrick's day so she's decked out in her green a few days early.


Time to drive back up to get Kayla from try outs


My girls are all home and now we can enjoy our Friday night


I sent hubby to the grocery store because after my 15 visits I still forgot things.  I needed the beer for our St. Patrick's day dinner and then he picked up the whiskey to go along with the Irish theme.


Tonight was pizza night!



It was 6:30 and hubby still needed to paint some of the trim of the house so we had to eat while he finished up because we were all starving.  He was done in no time and was able to join us before we were all done.


After showers I was feeling nice and let the girls have some late night tablet time before bed.  


Everyone went to bed happy and that was our Friday!  It was a bit rushed but that's pretty much how our days roll now and as far as the million stores, does anyone else forget everything??  I make lists but ever since I started working I'm just not as organized nor do I have the time to spend thinking things out like I used to!  Thank goodness for weekends to recharge and some time to get things back to normal.



4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Enjoyed your day, Shannon.
I haven't done one in forever.
Your pizza looks delicious, and not to sound like a creeper, I love your tv room!
I don't think I've seen that room before!
And I may have missed it, but didn't realize you were working.
How exciting!
Have a great weekend, my friend!

Tara said...

I have GOT to do one of these posts... maybe Monday! So much fun to look back on someday and realize just how blessed we are!

Cindy said...

You are not the only one! I can bring the list with me and still forget things! Yesterday Beth and I finished grocery shopping and as we're putting everything in the car I remembered milk! "Beth I forgot the milk!" She said, "I'll wait in the car." So I went back into the store... :)

Loved this post! I always like knowing how other people are living and handling all the stuff that comes with life!

halman said...

You look very nice together, a happy family. I have also loved the post where you make your own sea slime.