Monday, May 6, 2019

April

Spring is just zipping on by, I can't believe how fast the month of April went!  Here is some of the fun we had throughout the month.


After school and an early shower for and snuggles with my big girl.


Kayla received another Student of the Month award this month.  This time around it was for P.E.


The last family reading day of the year with Brooklyn.   Love having some extra time to spend with my baby.   We had one of her buddies join us since her mom couldn't make it this time.


Friday Movie Nights are my favorite, I'm sure I've mentioned this 245 times but seriously all of us snuggled up eating dinner together in the family room to watch a movie is the best after a long busy week!


I've never been a huge fan of coffee until I bought a milk frother and now poor hubby has to share the coffee with me everyday!


A nearby winery was having a Spring Fling party so we decided to go and check it out.


There were numerous vendors and since the next day was National Beer Day we had to start off with a beer.


The girls enjoyed getting their face painted, Kayla with her dragon which came out so cute!


Brooklyn chose a cute pig but then wanted to add bacon to the other side, lol



We met up with one of hubby's co-workers and family to enjoy the winery and then we went out to dinner.



She wanted to ride until she realized she might be too big!



We had lots of fun and it was a great way to spend our Saturday.


Mornings are so much nicer now that the girls make their own lunches!


Brooklyn and her best hamster buddy are still going strong!


We had a girls day and went to the movies, lunch and did some shopping.  Brooklyn found her Summer hat as soon as we walked into the store.


It was just us girls for the night and since we had eaten a late and big lunch we weren't hungry for dinner but around 7:45 we wanted something so cereal for them and some olives and wine for me while we played some games.



Vinny just enjoying the ride


My parents came out on a Sunday and while the boys fixed the sprinklers my mom and I enjoyed some margaritas.


Now that we have our solid patio cover along with new furniture I am out there all the time.   Brooklyn joins me and will read or do her homework outside.


Cold and cozy mornings inside!


Brooklyn received her read a thon award this month.  She ended up with 43 points when she only needed 12!



 A swim party in April!



 For Easter the girls received make up brushes and Brooklyn was eager to get to using them right away.  Here is what she came out looking like, she even changed her entire outfit because apparently everything needed to be pink.



Ice Cream sundaes at work helps make the day go by a little faster.


and thank heaven for a drive out to Palm Springs to drop the girls off at their grandpa's so we could have a date night!



when we got back Kayla decided she wanted to try and walk around in my wedges.   How is she already grown up enough to soon be wearing my shoes?


The girls spent a Sunday crafting and creating together 


While they created hubby and I enjoyed cocktails and snacks out on the patio.  The girls made their way back and forth between snacks and creating in the kitchen.  Our Sundays as of lately have been very chill.   We are very much ready for long Summer days out on the patio with cocktails and snacks!

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

A wonderful month out there Shannon.
Your photos are always so beautiful!
And soon enough you and Kayla will be sharing clothes!
It's awesome!!!!!