Sunday, June 9, 2019

Schools Out For Summer

It's finally here!!!
Thursday afternoon it was officially Summertime.  It was bittersweet for the girls, Brooklyn and Kayla were both sad to be leaving their friends but I'm pretty sure if I asked them today they would be okay with not going to school.


Our annual Last Day of School photos compared to their first day.  
 How is my youngest already going to be a big 4th grader??


I feel like Kayla just started 6th grade and it was over in a blink!  She'll now be a 7th grader and it's really going way too quick for me.


Kayla's last day was spent on a field trip to the movie theater to see Aladdin.   She had sooooo much fun and had so much to talk about when I picked her up at noon.   I was teary eyed listening to her she was so full of excitement and had so many new memories from just that morning that I know she'll remember forever.


Brooklyn was out for Summer at 1:08 and gave many hugs goodbye to her besties.  I had to remind her that she WILL see them again.   Her day was filled with playing board games, watching a movie and lot's of yummy snacks.


She was ready for Summer!



The girls came home to a few Summer treats





When daddy got home and after we ate dinner the kids jumped on the trampoline until it was time for showers and bed.


Friday was National Donut Day so I made the girls donuts


Not a bad way to start a Summer morning.



A little while after it was quiet and I found them each reading in their rooms!


They have also been spending some time making bracelets.  They like to sale them when we go camping and did pretty good last year making some money. 


Saturday we spent the day swimming in Palm Springs.  The weather and water were perfect and it was a very fun day.





We definitely aren't having any problems "Jumping" into Summer over here!


2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Happy Summer!!!!!!!!
You are the best.
Love the summer treats!
Enjoy. Enjoy. Enjoy!

Kelli said...

Yay for summer vacation! I can't believe how fast this year went by!