Thursday, June 13, 2019

Ten On Ten ~ First Summer Camping Trip

Monday was Ten on Ten and since we were packing up to leave for our first camping trip of the Summer I decided to take pictures of what it looks like the day we leave.   I honestly prep most of our meals, snacks and get the beds made in the days prior to when we leave because all of the last minute things take a lot of time.  But first like any other day it must start with coffee and a little down time before the crazy begins.


I still had to make our breakfast burritos so I made those right after I was done enjoying my coffee.  These got packed up for us to enjoy on one of the mornings while camping.


The dining room table becomes my gathering spot for all things that I don't want to forget and need to be loaded up.  It starts piling up for about a week before we head out.


The girls and I packed their clothes for the week and then loaded theirs as well as mine into the trailer followed by all of the items on the table as well as whatever else needs to be put in.  The food also all gets put into the trailer refrigerator.


 After everything is wiped down and cleaned inside I take a quick shower and then we all get loaded up and off we go!


It was about two and half hours 'til our destination this time.  The girls played on their tablets for an hour and then we all ate some snacks (gummy bears) and waited patiently to arrive.


Once we have arrived and everything is set up the girls change into their swimsuits.


It was June Gloom at it's finest but these two didn't mind one bit, I opted to stay in my long pants because it was breezy down by the water and I prefer to stay cozy.


An ice cold beer and an ocean view is exactly how I like to start my vacation!


We all made it to our happy place and no matter what the weather is we always enjoy our time near the ocean!


I'll be back with more camping photos soon.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Love this! The beach is always the perfect place to be, no matter if the sun is shining or not!

Tara said...

Love your peek into summer - school just got out here on Friday so I can't wait to catch up on your blog and all that's going on with your beautiful family! Wishing you wonderful camping adventures together this summer!