Friday, June 7, 2019

Sixth Grade

This year was the fastest year yet!
I have just barely gotten over the fact that I'm dropping off a 6th grader at middle school everyday and now I'll be dropping her off as a big 7th grader!


I will say though that all of my worries I had for her this year never happened and she not only did amazing in 6th grade but had a great time as well.  Her friends that she has chosen are amazing and we've been pretty drama free so far.  Fingers crossed next year stays the same for the most part!


This past Monday Kayla received not one but two Teachers Special Recognition Awards.  One from her Math and Science Teacher and the other from her ELA and History Teacher.


They both said the kindest words about her and I could not of been more proud of her!





This week when she brought home her yearbook  I was flipping through it when I saw this!


There she is under Future Genius!
The only girl listed might I add and she had absolutely no clue about it.  Good thing I actually look through the yearbook right?


Now I know Cross Country happened months ago but since my blogging has been terrible this past year I never got around to posting all of the pictures I took of her so here they are.  
Better late than never!


I mentioned to Kayla last Summer that she might enjoy Cross Country in middle school and it would definitely help out with her speed which in return would be great for soccer.  She agreed it sounded fun and decided to try out for the team.




She did indeed make the team and did so great throughout the season, bettering her time each race!







I really enjoyed watching her run and seeing her once again do awesome at something new


Her bestie was also on the team and it turned out to be her first sport she had ever done.   She turned out to be a super fast runner and beat Kayla just about every time but it was great to see them running together and I thought it was neat that Kayla could push herself to run next to her to  better herself.




She loved cross country and is looking forward to being on the team again in the Fall.









I'm looking forward to watching her run again as well as seeing how seventh grade goes because if it's anything like sixth it'll be awesome!



No comments: