Saturday, August 31, 2019

August Recap

Summer is officially over here in our home.   The girls have been back in school for the past three weeks and we are already counting down to Thanksgiving Break.   We are definitely missing our lazy days at home and our do whatever we want today attitudes.   Soccer is in full swing and the girls thankfully practice on the same nights so we atleast have three weeknights to be home and together.   We have lots of birthdays coming up to celebrate in the month of September but I'm soooooo looking forward to everything pumpkin and all of the fall candles I'm going to burn which I might just bring out next week!   Before we go all Fall over here though lets take a look at our August real quick....


My favorite view on a Summer morning which is now just my Sunday view.


On the way to a swim day at the grandparents we stopped by the cousins house to drop off a birthday treat.   The kids of course ran around playing having a great time.  Next we drove off to swim all day and hang out with some more cousins, this time poolside.








All of us were in the family room watching Clifford the Big Red Dog after a day of swimming.


It was the last Saturday of our Summer and spending it in the water was just what these kids needed.


Two days until school starts, we were fitting in an orthodontist appointment which always ends in some sort of treat.  August is ice cream treats which of course these two don't hate.


Next up we drove out to spend the day with my grandmother and mom


She was happy to see us but even happier that these two little girls were there with her.


Our Summer Fun List was all checked off.  
We didn't get a chance to do one thing on the list but that's okay because we can always try again next year.


Once the girls were back in school I had to head out for some shopping alone so that I could peruse the aisles at my own pace.  I was happy to bring home some fun Fall candles and Halloween mugs.


Sunday morning I found the girls hanging out in Brooklyn's room.  She made a fort to read under which I guess makes any book that much better.


This fluffy baby is just too cute not to photograph.


If we are home all day the girls will always be playing Calico Critters, they take over the entire house and each room is usually a different part of the town they create.   My favorite is seeing how Brooklyn creates their homes because she puts so much detail into her decorating it's adorable.



Just look at the kitchen table, the pantry and that headband on that lil critter is actually a tiny rubberband we use in her hair sometimes,  haha.   It's just too cute!


It's so nice to be home more now so that I can actually cook again.   I can't wait for the weather to cool down more so we can eat soups and stews!!


Kayla had to fill this out for her art teacher and I of course needed a picture because I just know I'll want to look back and see what she was into at this stage of her life.


It's been too hot to enjoy our patio which makes me so sad.   The days are close to 100 out and now that the girls are in school we aren't out here every night while the jump.


This little furball is searching for any type of flower or plant he can find to eat but don't worry I've already moved it little guy.


Cali and have been going on morning walks whenever possible, she's much slower than she used to be and we've had to cut her walks in half because she's just too old.


Soccer practices on pretty nights make the whole not being at home thing much better.


Lots of pictures of my favorite kitty this month!


He wasn't impressed with our selfie


We watched Star Wars with the girls last Friday night and they both really liked it so you know what our movie nights will be for awhile.


Another Saturday means another soccer game.


We fit in a swim day in Palm Springs for one last time






The girls at their cousins birthday party enjoying the same train set they dreamed of having when they were younger.  They used to beg to go to Barnes and Noble because they had this train set in the kids area.  They set this all up and played with it most of the party, lol


This sweet pup needed a bath which she hates, she shivered and whined non stop until I wrapped her in a blanket. 


Now that Brooklyn is a big 4th grader she has the option to be in band.  She was super excited about it and said she wanted to play the clarinet so we stopped by the local music store and got her all set up with a clarinet.   She can not wait to start learning how to play and I'm so proud of her for stepping out of her comfort zone and trying something new.


I couldn't let National Dog day go by without a pic of our favorite pooch.


I asked Brooklyn to remind me during the week that I would also be picking up her friend Alyssa so I laughed when I saw this waiting for me next to the alarm on Monday morning.


Hubby and I celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary a few days ago.  


I couldn't wait to wake up the next morning just to put on this new ring he bought me!


Since it was a school night we headed out for a quick dinner and enjoyed burgers and a beer.   We both agreed we need to try and do this more often.


I'm so thankful and lucky to be spending life with this guy.





3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Happy Anniversary!
Love the ring!!!!
Enjoyed this post so much because I felt like I shared so many fun times with your beautiful family.
Happy September!
Happy Fall!

Cindy said...

Awe, Happy Anniversary! You had a very busy August! Thanks for bringing us along!

Tara said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a ring!!!