Monday, September 9, 2019

10

Brooklyn turned double digits yesterday!
This girl promised me she would stay little forever and then here she is turning ten.  It's so hard to see her growing up because she is my baby.  She is my caring, sensitive and extremely loving little girl.   Everyday at pick up she walks over to me and holds my hand, I don't know any fourth graders that still hold their mommy's hands especially at school in front of all their friends but she does EVERY DAY!  She is my homebody and loves nothing more than to just stay home and play with her toys.   When I asked if she wanted to have a friend or two over Friday after school to celebrate her birthday she said that Friday's she just likes to relax and play with her toys after the busyness of the week so that's what she did.  She loves her besties but home time is very sacred to her and I know exactly where she gets that from!


Since she didn't want a friend party or get together we celebrated her all day on Sunday as a family.  She woke up to her room filled with balloons and then walked out to the kitchen to find all of her presents waiting for her.  She was very eager to open them but waited patiently while I baked her chocolate donuts that she had requested.


Once the donuts were in the oven we gathered around to watch her open her gifts.   She started off with Kayla's, how could she not?  Just look at that adorable handmade card!


She truly gets so excited for every gift!


The perfect Calico Critter car


All Summer she searched for a Lifeguard sweatshirt in her size but they were all too big or too small so I was so happy to finally find one for her that will fit.


She also wanted a leather jacket, I just realized while hanging this one in her closet that she might have a thing for jackets.


After opening all of her presents we sat down to eat some donuts.


She played with her new Calico Critter toys all morning until it was time to get ready for her family party.





Once all of the cousins were here they were either jumping on the trampoline or playing in their rooms with all of the toys.



All the cousins together!
They had soooo much fun yesterday and I loved having them all here running around jumping, playing and laughing. 


Chocolate on top of chocolate cupcakes for this girl







I think the girls might just have all of the Calico Critter buildings and I'm not quite sure where these will all go now that they are all put together but I'll take them playing with these toys over video games or tablets any day no matter how many pieces they come with!


She had such a wonderful day and was so happy last night when I tucked her into bed.   I know she is ten and not so little anymore but I still see her as my tiny little girl and I know I always will.

Happy 10th Birthday Brooklyn!!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

some videos from our day








1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Shannon,

What can I say except what a lovely birthday you had for your baby girl!?!
She is the sweetest little thing, and I know that she and Flynn would be very good friends!
I ADORE that she wanted to be home with you guys on Friday!!!
And I adore her reaction when she opened her present!
It was fun to hear your voices after all these years.
Happy Birthday to your girl.
She will always be your baby!