Sunday, August 11, 2019

Back to School 2019

The first day of was on a Wednesday so we had a very short week back.   The night before Brooklyn had her meet the teacher night and after a quick dinner Kayla had soccer practice.  We all went to watch Kayla's practice but Brooklyn and I left early to get back home and get her ready for bed.  She had a book waiting for me to read to her before she went to bed.  I love that she still enjoys these little moments with her mama.  She is still my little girl even though she seems to be growing up so fast.


After Kayla was home and both girls were all tucked in bed I set up the table for them so it would be ready to greet them when they woke up in the morning.



Brooklyn was up first which did not happen the rest of the week.   Both girls were super excited for their first day back!


I on the other hand was exhausted and not happy to be up and having to get ready so early.


We made it with time to spare so there was no rush to get out the door and plenty of time to take all of those first day of school pictures!




Brooklyn all ready for fourth grade!
She has the same teacher she had in second grade which is great because she is an amazing teacher and also a good friend of mine so Brooklyn will be well taken care of this year.




Our big middle schooler off to seventh grade.
 She didn't know anything about any of her teachers this year except for her P.E. teacher who is also the Cross Country coach.



She just loves posing for my pictures as you can see below,




No nerves for either of them just excitement!




I dred this day!  
I hate having my girls away from me and miss them terribly when they are back in school.   Don't get me wrong having some free time to do what I want is nice sometimes but having them home playing and giggling is just so much better!


We took Kayla to school first and dropped her off then it was Brooklyn's turn.  I'm still able to walk Brooklyn in on the first day and she still allows me to so I'll take it.  She found her bestie right away and was ready for the day to begin.



After I was all done saying my goodbyes I ran a few errands and enjoyed a much needed favorite drink.   When I picked up the girls from school they both said they had a good day.  Kayla said all of her teachers seemed really nice and although she was bummed to originally get Art as her elective(she had chosen two others as her choices)  she said that it now sounded like it was going to be a great class.   


Thursday morning rolled around and Kayla was the first out of bed.  As soon as she sat down for breakfast she exclaimed, "ugh, I have to go to school today!"  How did I know the fun would wear off!!  She was the one most excited to go back and now she was already over it.   Brooklyn had to be dragged out of bed as usual and once everyone was dressed and ready we were off for day 2 for them and my first day back to work for me.


The girls once again were happy with their day and I also had a great day back but we sure were excited for Friday!!


It's almost the weekend and by now Kayla was over my morning pictures so she quickly got into the truck and shut the door so she would not have to take another picture.


Brooklyn happily posed for me and then we were off.


I received this picture of Brooklyn Friday afternoon.  She already has the most points in her class for reading.   They were allowed to take a test on all of the books they read over the Summer, you can see her pile next to her which doesn't even include the books she checked out from the library.   She read well over ten books this Summer and I could not be prouder.  Already doing great as a fourth grader! 


It was a pretty good week back to reality.  Starting half way through the week is the best.  I can't say next week will go as smoothly, I already know the upcoming week will be not quite as easy as the last three days!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm happy they had a good first few days of school. Nicolas and Juliana go back tomorrow...I am dreading tomorrow morning.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girls and I love their smiles.
Remembering those first days back for my children,
oh so long ago.
Phyllis

Billie Jo said...

Hello Sweet Friend!
You made their first days back so awesome!
Love all the special touches that they will remember forever.
Seems like things are off to a great start!
Have a great Monday out there!