Wednesday, October 9, 2019

A Day in the Life

It's been awhile since I last did A Day in the Life post so I thought I would document our Monday which just so happened to be a very long day for us!  I was up at 5:30 and woke Kayla up just after, she had her first official cross country race of the season and needed to be at the school by 6:15.   I made her some eggs and drank lots of coffee before we woke up Brooklyn and then headed to drop off.


Here she is up and ready before the sun even came up


After Brooklyn and I dropped Kayla off we went back home where I sat in my favorite morning spot and finished my coffee before getting myself ready.


Brooklyn and I ready of our day


I dropped off Brooklyn at school and then I headed over to my school for work.   I was decked out in all blue for World Wear Blue day for bullying prevention.


I was working in my favorite class with my favorite preschoolers today.


Since I was working and missing my girls first race daddy was there taking pictures and cheering our girl on for the both of us.


At 2:35 I was off to pick up Brooklyn from school and then we drove straight over to Kayla's school to pick her up.


Her bus was about 15 minutes late so Brooklyn and I chatted until our cross country girl got back.  


Back home the girls opened some mail from their papa and did the normal after school things like make a mess and goof around.


I made myself a chai latte and then did some online shopping


Brooklyn read and then practiced on her clarinet.


Kayla showered and then did some reading until it was time for a quick dinner.


We had to eat a little early and then head back to Kayla's school where daddy met us and we waited for Kayla to receive a Student of the Month award from her ELA teacher.  They just love all of my picture taking, can you tell?



Of course her best friend would be getting an award as well!  These two are such great kiddos!


After the awards assembly daddy and Brooklyn headed home while Kayla and I stayed to wait for a parent informational meeting about Archery.  Apparently her already doing, soccer, cross country and National Honors Society is not enough so she'll now be starting archery in a few weeks as well!   This meeting was over a little after 8 so we finally headed home after.  She went to bed while Brooklyn was already fast asleep.  I stayed up until about ten and then called it a night as well. 


This particular day was not ideal but with both of the girls sports and after school clubs we are always running around, it's just the stage we are in and I know one day I will miss spending all of these crazy days with them so it's nice to have them documented here for me to look back on whenever I want.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I love your Halloween decorations Shannon.
Sometimes I look back on my day and can't believe all we did that day.. I am trying to enjoy it all though bricks I know how quickly it goes by.

Billie Jo said...

Flynn is starting Archery too!!!!

Heather said...

I love your Boo mug and halloween decorations!! So cute!

Tara said...

So true - really full days - good for you for documenting!