Thursday, October 3, 2019

September

Unlike past Septembers the weather has been nice and we've been spending many weekend evenings on the back patio, eating dinner outside, the girls jumping and hubby and I laughing at their silly antics.  I worked just about every day this month adding to the busyness which helped the month to go by incredibly fast.



This little one turned 10 the beginning of September and she came home with lots of fun gifts from her friends at school.  This necklace and picture was a favorite because it was from her bestie.


Kayla had her first soccer game and although her team started off rocky losing most of their games they are now beginning to look a lot better and even won their last game!



My brother in law turned 30 and we celebrated him with his friends and family.




Brooklyn started band this month and yesterday while practicing she played a few of the beginning notes of Mary had a little lamb perfectly and I wish I could've gotten a picture of the excitement! 


My furbabies do not like me being gone all day so they are close by as soon as I am back home.


I had two hours to spare before I had to pick up the girls one day so I drove to my happy place to gather all the pumpkin flavored things I wait all year for.


Such a beautiful back drop while watching Kayla's soccer game one evening.


Morning selfie with my girls


Squiggles and Brooklyn just hanging out


I dropped my full of water hydroflask on my foot at the soccer fields and all I could do was pray that I did not break it.  Brooklyn took care of me while I iced it and thankfully it was not broken but it sure did hurt for that week.


Kayla has been so happy to assistant ref soccer games this season.  Every weekend she is looking for opportunities to ref.


Hanging out with her friend at Brooklyn's game




All day pajama Sundays are the best!


Another Friday night spent on the back porch



My mom and I saw Old Dominion a few weeks back and they were amazing!!



Sunday Supper


Happily enjoying the first morning of Fall!


Brooklyn being her weird self



Followed by her being her sweet self



Once a month Brooklyn's school has a family reading morning where a family member can come and read with their child.   She makes sure to remind me that I am not allowed to work on these days and I oblige because if she still wants her mommy to come to class with her I'll take it.   We started off with a trip to the donut shop because she received an award for a free donut and drink for being a model student.


Her teacher had a special day planned for them and even dressed the part


She's the best and makes learning so much fun



This pup is getting old and had to go to the vet to get some medicine for her arthritis and an infection on her front paw.


We loved watching the Masked Singer last season and the girls couldn't wait for it to come back again.  Last Friday we watched it and Brooklyn took notes to help her try and guess who each singer might be.  This is such a fun family show to watch with the kiddos.


Kayla watched in her koala costume


8am Saturday game,


in the rain.


Brooklyn tried out goalie for the first time and did awesome.  Hoping she plays goalie a little more often.


More assistant reffing for Kayla, she came back after and said her hands were numb because she was so cold.


Luckily we got to come home after that wet and cold game to warm up before heading to a late game for Kayla.


A little chilly still but no rain!


They got their first win!!!


My dad turned 70 this month and we celebrated with a very small family gathering.



He is not a Dodger fan but he'll wear it for his brother.


Pumpkins everywhere and cooler weather.
I'm ready for October!


2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

It looks like September was an awesome month for you guys out there!
So much fun family time!
Happy fall and all things pumpkin spice!

Tara said...

Love that soccer picture!