Tuesday, October 29, 2019

San Francisco ~ Day 3

Our last and final day in San Francisco started out with a little bit of a slower morning which is just what we needed after the previous two days of get up and go.  We ate breakfast at the hotel and then headed out to our destination.



We spent our final day at the California Academy of Sciences Museum.  We were all pretty excited to check out this museum because it looked like lots of fun online and it definitely did not disappoint!


The museum was broken up into different sections and we started out in the ocean section first.



So many fun creatures to check out.






The rainforest was next and was my personal favorite because it was beautiful!








It was rather hot in there hence the super shiney face!



Afterwards we sat in on a short show about snakes for Kayla.  I honestly refrained from paying attention because they are not my favorite.





This museum had so much to explore and lots of hands on stations to keep the kids engaged.



It was so relaxing in the planetarium that afterwards I definitely needed a little pick me up to get through the rest of the day.




Rooftop garden.





These two really liked the fog machine room


We were at the museum from the time it opened around 11 to the time it closed at 5.  We all really liked it but we were definitely ready to eat.   We searched online and found a nearby brewery that also was a restaurant so we decided to eat there.


The beers were good and everyone enjoyed their dinner but I thought my burger was just okay.


These two!


After we got back to the hotel the girls got ready for bed and enjoyed some tablet time while Chris and I headed downstairs to enjoy a cocktail together at the bar.   I ordered a whiskey business and I think it was my favorite mixed drink I've ever had, so delicious!  After drinks it was up to the room to get to sleep.


The next morning we were up and packing to fly back home.  We walked over to check out the Anthropologie on Union Square and then caught an uber to the airport to head home.






This was such a great trip for the long weekend.  We saw just about everything we wanted to and the girls got to hang out in a big city and of course fly in a plane again which is their favorite!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wow my granddaughter would LOVE that museum! I'll have to tell my daughter about that one. What a fun last day!