Sunday, August 9, 2020

End of Summer Picnic

This year we had to find a new spot for our end of Summer picnic.   We always drive up to our local mountains for our picnic but we've had a fire burning through the mountains for the past week or so and roads were closed.   I ended up finding a new to us park that I knew the girls would love because they could feed ducks.   I also decided it would be fun to take them to Sprouts to pick out whatever goodies they wanted for lunch instead of actually packing our own.   They loved that idea and both chose an assortment of sushi and peanut butter chocolate cookies to eat.  The weather was perfect for a picnic and the girls automatically loved the park.



There were lots of ducks, dragonflies and we even spotted a few turtles.

This duck kept us laughing for awhile.  He dipped himself  over and over again and could've cared less that the girls were throwing bread to all his friends.




 Brooklyn had her favorite duck of the day and stuck to feeding him


cookie break
I love spending time with these two and even though I'm so sad they can't go back to school in person to be with all of their friends I can't say that I'm upset that I get to keep them home to myself for a little longer!














4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hi Shannon! What a beautiful day and place for your picnic. I cannot believe we are here in August. These last few months have been so strange, I almost feel as if we are living a movie. What is the status of school there? Whatever it is, I know you and your family will make it amazing!

Kelli said...

Oh that last picture of them is so sweet! I love your back to school picnic posts... I remember your posts from when the girls were young. Your sushi looks delicious.

Tara said...

Such a sweet tradition you do for your girls!

Cindy said...

Your girls are so amazing, their friendship is inspiring! Glad you were able to find another place to have your fun!