Monday, August 3, 2020

July Recap

It's been a strange Summer as I assume it has been for everyone.   We've done our best to make it fun and do most of the things we would normally do but it definitely still did not feel like a regular Summer.  The girls really missed going to the library, going out to dinner and playing with friends which were always things that normally happened a lot over the Summer months.  All of these pictures are pretty much repeats of the same ole' things we've been doing for the past four months but they still need to be remembered so here is our month of July....



We love a good family game of UNO while we eat dinner!


Brooklyn and June enjoying the evening outside


The girls helped me with a lot of the food prep for our annual fourth of July party this year.


Movie night with the new M&M fudge brownie flavor they couldn't wait to taste.


Brooklyn added her pandacorn to the 'furry stare outside crew'


When daddy takes the girls on a run or they are all out front helping him wash cars and I get the tv and a glass of wine to enjoy all to myself!!!


Found them both squished on my side of the bed one morning watching tv together.


I had not been to Costco in several months so I made sure to make up for lost time on my first trip back.


I love seeing these huge sunflowers that one of the houses we walk by on our evening walks has growing.


These two rush to dinner if it's enchilada night.


Brooklyn wasn't quite into learning how to skateboard but we finally got her to practice and now she loves it.  Kayla was helping her out and showing her where her feet need to be.


Special Summertime drinks for these two


Another stop to say hi to Tommy


I'm enjoying all the time I have to water and take care of my flowers this year.  I've been adding new plants here and there a long the way as well.


The girls were painting rocks and I left to run some errands, Chris was home but working so they were on their own.   Kayla grabbed his phone to take a picture of Brooklyn who painted on her face.  Some things never change with her!


Spending the evening in the backyard never gets old!


Some fun in the sprinklers is still fun as well.


Brooklyn loves french toast and had been begging for some so we spent a Saturday making Brioche french toast together.


We enjoyed a fun day spent celebrating my nieces 4th birthday.



The girls got to swim and there was a fairy garden making station set up that they really enjoyed.









Brothers dressed alike.



Happy 4th Birthday Crazy Tessa!



Brooklyn enjoyed getting some guitar pointers from her uncle.






The next day she was practicing at home.


I don't know how I feel about the fact that I get to enjoy my slow coffee mornings for quite awhile longer since the girls will be starting distance learning next week instead of actual in person.  I love not having to rush out the door but I so miss my daily schedule and going to work myself!


The girls love playing card games together.


A visit to my parents and the girls pulled out some old toys to play with together.


Saw this message on one of our walks and loved it.


Oliver always sleeps with his legs sticking out from under the couch.


Kayla made blueberry muffins for us one morning.



She has also been my buddy whenever I go anywhere.  She got to enjoy one of my favorite treats after a trip with me to Trader Joe's


These two are great entertainment watching them on the trampoline.   They come up with so many hilarious games to play together.


We spent the last Saturday of July with a swim day in Palm Springs at my father in laws of course.






2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh my goodness -- I feel the same way about this summer. Trying to hard to make it still wonderful and then some days just settling into what it actually is! I do know that next summer it will be like a non stop party of travel and fun, ha! Love all of these pictures and your memories you are making! Your family is beautiful !

Kelli said...

Yes it has been a strange summer. It was not the summer we had planned that's for sure. My kids go back on Wednesday. I'm trying to find some fun ways to make their first week "back to school" fun. I have only been to costco one time since March and my cart looked like your cart. Enjoy your last few days before school starts.