Wednesday, November 16, 2022

October Recap


October was full of Halloween fun and lots of cross country.  Both girls were in full swing of school cross country meets and we were loved every minute of it.


Kayla's homecoming dance fell on the same night as a race.  There was no consequence if she chose the dance instead but she chose to run anyway.  After her race she was happy with her decision, she said it was way more fun racing and hanging with her cross country friends than going to the dance.


Subbing has been pretty scarce lately, nothing like last year when there were tons of jobs available but I did make sure to find work on my favorite day.  Pumpkin patch field trip day!


Brooklyn's first race this season was a hot one!



She did great though and was happy to add another medal to her collection.


This girl is always on her own time.  It drives me crazy I but I also love how she just lives in the moment.  If she feels the need to make balloon animals instead of get ready for school she makes balloon animals.

 

 Just a cute kitty pic

Kayla had a cross country dinner at one of the coaches home and we were in charge of bringing some desserts.  I decided to bake a few options and they were all devoured in no time. 

This has been the year of wild animals in our yard.  The foxes are now seen all the time and now this guy comes to visit now and then as well. 

 We are loving that it is now chili and soup season!

 We watched a lot of Halloween movies this month

These two are hysterically laughing at Brooklyn's Kayla Bingo and Mom Bingo cards she made.  She had things like, talks about a book, says bruh, talks about her leg muscles etc. for Kayla and cuddles in a blanket, kisses a cat, says one day you're gonna miss me, for me.  Everytime we did whatever was on her bingo she would check it.  She walked around for a few days checking off the dumb paper and wouldn't let us see until she was done checking all the boxes.  We all laughed at the clever things she had written for Kayla and I.

Now that Kayla is a Varsity runner it was time she got some real cross country shoes.  She was just a little excited! 




Brooklyn drew and painted a cute Halloween scene for me to display.

 

Brooklyn ran the dreaded Mt. Sac 

This is a hard course and most runners do not enjoy running it.


Friday night Brooklyn raced and then Saturday morning Kayla raced. 


These girls were super pumped because they beat their rival school taking 2nd place!




A super rainy night couldn't keep the family chili cook off from happening. 










It was a very wet but fun night.


Brooklyn showing off a new sweater she received from her aunt and uncle.


The roses always showing off their best in the Fall


Our traditional mummy meatloaf



Brooklyn asked for Fall shopping day.  I laughed because everything she picked was brown.  My warm color child.


Kayla complains every year how much she hates wearing matching Christmas pajamas so this year I told them to pick out their own.  I just asked that they match somewhat.  
This is what THEY picked out!


They are crazy but I love them so!


Brooklyn's best race this season!



She came in fourth but ran so well and how cool is it that Kayla got to hand her her medal when she finished?



I had jury duty this month, called everyday and not until my last day, Friday did I get called in.  I showed up and the lady in charge basically said we shouldn't even be there because there were no judges working this day and we were not needed but she was waiting to hear someone give the okay to send us all home.  We sat there all morning and she dismissed us for an hour and a half lunch saying hopefully she can dismiss us after we get back.  When I left I went up and asked her, "what happens if I don't come back?" she smiled and said she'd just mark that I had.   Such a waste of a day but atleast it is over.


I went grocery shopping and then home to make a festive dinner.


Skullzones and a Halloween movie


Kayla had her last league meet in October and her team finished 2nd place overall which means they moved on to CIF Prelims this year.


All the grandparents came out to cheer on our girl!  So thankful for all the support for the girls from these guys.  





 

 

No comments: