Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Veteran's Day Weekend

Veteran's day weekend is always a four day weekend for the girls and this year Kayla had a cross country invitational up in Fresno which is about four hours north of us.  She raced on Saturday so we made the drive up Friday morning.  The team all went together in two vans and a few of us parents followed along.  A quick stop for lunch and then back on the road.


The team was at a separate hotel but we met up for dinner that night.  It was fun getting to know some of the parents a little better. 


The next morning we were up early and grabbed breakfast before heading to the park.  A little jealous of Chris' choice of breakfast.  A cookie vs. a yogurt parfait.


The park that Kayla would be racing at, Woodward Park, is the same park my grandfather took me to to play at when I was a little girl.  We used to go all the time to feed the ducks.  He would've loved knowing his great granddaughter was racing there and I never would've imagined I would be back here again one day!

m
 So proud of this kid!




This was a huge invitational and I can't begin to explain how much respect I have for these kids.  The amount of work they put their bodies through for this sport is incredible.



Done with their race and celebrating with a soda



After the race we headed out to lunch and then made the long drive home.  These two were apart for one night and the first thing they said to each other when they got in the car was, "I missed you" and "I missed you too"


We also made a quick stop to see my grandparents old house.  The yard looks terrible now and ruins the house.  You can barely even see the house because of all the new trees and shrubs they planted.  My grandmother designed this house and it was beautiful inside and out.  She loved to entertain and the detail she put into this house was incredible.  So many wonderful memories made here!




We left on Friday and came home on Saturday.  We were happy to still have Sunday and Monday off to relax.  A family breakfast at home was great!




No comments: