Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Greenspot Farms Field Trip


Today Brooklyn had her very first field trip to the Pumpkin Patch at Greenspot Farms.  She was of course super excited to ride on the bus and I was excited to go and help out with her class for the day.  We all got to school and said our goodbyes to Kayla and then Brooklyn and I headed to her classroom to wait for the busses to arrive.


Here she is right after we arrived at the farm, she said the bus ride was fun and she enjoyed sitting with her friends. 


The kids got to run through a maze and then they sat and listened to the farmer explain the process of how pumpkins grow.


And below is Brooklyn trying to get as far away from me as possible!  This kid has been begging and waiting for me to help out in her class and today I am finally there to be a part of her day and she wanted nothing to do with me.  I had a total of four kids to watch after and the other three completely listened when I called their names but nope not Brooklyn.  They were off looking for pumpkins and I was trying to call her to tell her there were some cute ones over by me but she just ignored me.  #littlebrat


Eventually I pulled her aside and told her that if she ever wants me to help out again she better listen to me because she was being rude.  After that she was back to her normal sweet self.


After all the pumpkins were gathered and thrown in a bag for the kiddos to carry it was time to ride the tractor through the farm.  This was one of Brooklyn's favorites of the day.  There were a few moments I was a bit worried about tipping or falling down the cliff but nope not Brooklyn she was laughing and having a good old time.


The farm also sells their own honey made right there on the farm.  The kids all learned how the honey was made and got to taste it as well.  This was also Brooklyn's favorite part, she loved the honey!


After it was time to visit the animals.



These huge smelly pigs made me decide I do not want pigs on my farm one day! #stilldreamingofmyfarm


Brooklyn was cracking up in this picture below because the horse was trying to eat her bow but mommy moved her out of the way just in time!


Brooklyn's other favorite of the day was feeding the goats and sheep.  


After that it was time to head back to school.  Her class didn't get a chance to run through the hay maze which was a bummer but they didn't know that so it was okay.  I guess our farmer took a little too much time explaining the honey process so we ran out of time but I remembered later that Brooklyn got to do it back when we went with Kayla for her Kindergarten field trip so that made me feel a little better.  They had such a fun time and I enjoyed being able to help out and experience it all again with Brooklyn just like I got to with Kayla when she was in Kindergarten.



No comments: